free website stats program FLSTC dimensions | Harley Davidson Forums

FLSTC dimensions

arkie

Can someone take time to measure their Heritage Softail Classic and tell me what the width measurement is across the handlebars or mirrors, edge to edge, whichever is greatest?

Same at the rear, saddle-bag edge to edge?

IOW, what is the smallest opening you could ride or push the bike thru?

TIA - I have a unique need for this information and it will have some influence on an eventual decision regarding purchase.

Also....... has anyone put narrower bars in place and if so, how did it affect the handling, steering, etc?

Again thanks for the trouble. The nearest dealer is too far away to just run by and measure for myself. And HD's site doesn't give this info. Thanks again,

Can someone take time to measure their Heritage Softail Classic and tell me what the width measurement is across the handlebars or mirrors, edge to edge, whichever is greatest?

Same at the rear, saddle-bag edge to edge?

IOW, what is the smallest opening you could ride or push the bike thru?

TIA - I have a unique need for this information and it will have some influence on an eventual decision regarding purchase.

Also....... has anyone put narrower bars in place and if so, how did it affect the handling, steering, etc?

Again thanks for the trouble. The nearest dealer is too far away to just run by and measure for myself. And HD's site doesn't give this info. Thanks again,
Are you going to put her in the house?:D

I'm not sure my 03 Heritage has stock bars but I measured them. The clutch and brake levers are out past the bars and the distance tip to tip is 38". I also have the saddle bag guards on mine. I store it in the basement thru a 36" door which only open a little past 90 degrees leaveng an opening of 34". Lean and turn to "walk" it thru, no big deal. Hope this is what you needed.

I also need some dimensions. Could someone with a 2000 or later softail give the dimension for the crash bar? I'm not sure whether mine is an FX or FL and evidently they are different. I measured the distance outside the lower frame mounts at 11.25" and distance from the upper mount hole to each lower mount hole center to center at 19.5". Is it FX or FL?

I also need some dimensions. Could someone with a 2000 or later softail give the dimension for the crash bar? I'm not sure whether mine is an FX or FL and evidently they are different. I measured the distance outside the lower frame mounts at 11.25" and distance from the upper mount hole to each lower mount hole center to center at 19.5". Is it FX or FL?

I took those measuremeents on my 06 FLSTF and they are the same as you have.

Bought as an 03 heritage, but VIN indicates softail standard (BWB vs BVB). That's why I needed the measurement.

Last edited:
Are you going to put her in the house?

sort of ;-)

I'm not sure my 03 Heritage has stock bars but I measured them. The clutch and brake levers are out past the bars and the distance tip to tip is 38". I also have the saddle bag guards on mine. I store it in the basement thru a 36" door which only open a little past 90 degrees leaveng an opening of 34". Lean and turn to "walk" it thru, no big deal. Hope this is what you needed.

you nailed it -- just what I was looking for. Thanks. The only other 'measurement' standing in my way is the MSRP+$

Back