free website stats program FLHTK getting 47mpg! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

FLHTK getting 47mpg!

Could well be getting great mileage and running well. I figure my mieage every third tank or so to keep tabs on any changes in the way the bike runs topping fuel to the nech every time. My 110 Ultra is sest tuned and runs very well getting 40 mpg at 80mph and 44 at 70mph. 2010 RK gets 45-47 running various terrain and speeds of 65-75 mph. Wifes XXX trike will pull 38 as in yesterday running 152 miles of foothils at 70 MPH and that is with her catlees headpipe, SE intake and 13.8 XIEDs.

I would never trust the remaining miles guage. I've gone only three miles and had the remaining miles drop 12 miles. Figure MPG from fill-up to fill-up.

So, coming back from San Antonio this morning, after refueling. reseting trip odometer, and coming home the odometer reads 108.2 miles with 175 miles remaining till empty and over half tank left on fuel gauge. Basically means 283 miles on a single tank of gas? Didn't think pipes, and stage stage 1 upgrade and Dino Tune would help mileage that much. Equates to roughly 47 mpg on a FLHTK. Dino results from Friday show bike now at 74.5 hp and 91.03 ftpound torque from stock.

That's terrible. I think you should give it to me. :D
Love the pics. The HD website shows the 2010 & 2011 touring bikes are rated at 54 mpg highway & 35 in the city, so 47 is probably about right.

I get 35-38 in town and 45-48 on the highway with my '03 RKC, 2-up, with a stage-1 and TFI. I don't think your mileage is outlandish at all. Sounds like you are percolating along just fine.

I do not trust guages as authoritative. Supplemental information? Yes. Instead, I go by mileage, calculated at fill-ups, and consider time to fill up at in-town mileage point(s), in town or on the highway, to avoid surprises. I also fill up at varying points of the fuel guage to keep my interpretation of fuel-to-guage-position fresh.

I have to completely recalibrate myself, since I just replaced my fuel level sensor (with alot of other stuff). All I know right now is that when the guage just touches the red region, I have exactly 1 gal left.

Enjoy,
Rich P

I have a 2010 FLHTK. At around 100 miles on odometer it will say I have about 130 miles left on the tank, but that changes quickly as the gas guage goes down. Usually at around 140 miles, it will be down to a 60 mile range. Lots of variables. City vs Hwy etc. I've never heard of 47 mpg on the 103. A friend of mine says he gets 39 to 41 mpg on his 2010 FLHTK, which I consider very good for a heavy bike and the 103.

Prior to the header, muffler, a/c change and tuner with a Dino tuning the bike got 38-40 mpg. It ran hot too. Best thing was to get rid of the cat's, let it breath better, get a great tune and don't beat on it! :)

I am nearing 3000 miles on my 2011 FLHTK. I have the Stage 1 and am running Rush 2" slip-ons. I had been getting just about 41.5 mpg in the first 2,000 miles. Yesterday I fueled up and after doing the math, I am now up to 43.5 mpg on this last tank. I am no lightweight guy and I'm not babying the throttle either. Normally running about 64 on two lane and 73 on Interstates. So, I am hoping for another 2 mpgs. A friend of mine got 48 last summer two-up loaded down including a huge tour-pak bag. That was interstate droning to put on miles, but even so I was impressed. He has a 2010 FLHTK.

My 2011 FLHTK has a stage 1 down load S/E Fat shots V/H power chamber S/E air cleaner i have seen 47 mpg average is 40-45 keeping it under 70 mph if i go over 35-38 it has to be the best bike i have ever owned and i been at it 52 yrs.Mileage is all in your right wrist.

I have a 2010 FLHTK with 16,000 miles. I am on my 3rd Harley since 2004. I have never understood how you guys get such great mileage. On my FLHTK (rider no passenger) I got around 40 miles per gal. on the highway and this is running around 70 mph. If I baby it and ride at 60 or 65 mph I might get 42 but might have seen that one time. My 2004 RK and 2007 Ultra never got the mileage that I see other people post. I must be doing something wrong.

Back