free website stats program flhtcutg | Harley Davidson Forums

flhtcutg

I'm headen to northern Michigan next week with the wife and a full load on the flhtcutg.What tire pressures do you run on the rear tires with a full load ? Thanks BP

I would go with the sidewall recommendation wich changes from one manufacturer to another. Also pay attention the weight limit on the sidewall. Dont forget that when the tire gets hot the pressure increases in them. Safe trip, Take pics.

Bodeen

There should be recommended pressures on the tyre manufacturers web site for your tyre fitted to your bike with fully loaded pressure

Brian

Follow air pressure in owners manual and also set air pressures in shocks as per manual. Be sure to not go over GVWR which is also in manual.

Owners manual will be good if you have stock tyres fitted the max pressure marked on the sidewall is a do not exceed pressure not a pressure to apply the tyre manufacturer knows more about their tyre than anyone else so their recommended pressure for your application is the one to use
tyre pressure is a critical safety issue on a motorcycle just get it right

Brian

The tire specs say 26-44lbs.I've looked for tp's on the Dunlop site with no sucess.I'm looking for tire pressure readings that will give me the numbers for a passenger and luggage combo.Thanks for any info. BP

From dunlop website
Harley-Davidson | Model: FLHTCUTG (09-10) - Tri Glide Ultra Classic
Front Rim Size: 3.00x16 | Rear Rim Size: 5.50x15

Recommended Front Tire:
Tire : D402F | Size : MT90B16 † | PSI/Loaded : 36

Recommended Rear Tire:
Tire : Signature T ** | Size : P205/65R15 | PSI Rear/Loaded : 26

O.E. Replacement Front Tire:
Tire : D402F | Size : MT90B16 † | PSI/Loaded : 36

O.E. Replacement Rear Tire:
Tire : Signature T ** | Size : P205/65R15 | PSI Rear/Loaded : 26

So if you have the d402 on the front 36 psi and the signature t on the rear then it is 26

Brian

Back