free website stats program Flashing turn signals | Harley Davidson Forums

Flashing turn signals

Fischermp

I have a 2006 streetglide, second owner since 2011. Yesterday I turned the ignition switch on and then the on/off switch on the handle bar. When I did this the turn signal indicators and the lamps blinked a few times and then stopped. The bike starts as it always does, but since I have owned the bike it has never done the turn signal blinking. Just curious if anyone can tell me if this is a trouble shooting code or what? The bike does not have a security system on it. Thanks

You say the bike does not have a security system on it...but the bike was looking for the FOB which is part of a passive security system. The bike should not start if the FOB is more than ~ 6 feet from the bike. So no, it's not a trouble shooting code just a normal function of the passive system.:)

You say the bike does not have a security system on it...but the bike was looking for the FOB which is part of a passive security system. The bike should not start if the FOB is more than ~ 6 feet from the bike. So no, it's not a trouble shooting code just a normal function of the passive system.:)
Thanks gator. So any guesses on why since I've owned the bike the signals never blinked and then just the past week or so the blinking began?

Pull the main fuse,wait a 1/2 hour,reinstall.This should reset everything and blinking should stop.

Back