First ride of the year

Discussion in 'North East' started by mroleg, Dec 26, 2010.

1. mroleg

mroleg Active Member

new year's day cold fingers run

WBAB New Year’s Day Cold Finger Run
    Time Saturday, January 1, 2011 · 10:00am - 2:00pm

Location - Cradle of Aviation Museum Garden City, Long Island, NY

Created By 102.3 WBAB

Join Fingers for the first Motorcycle Run of 2011: the 8th Annual WBAB New Year's Day Cold Finger Run!

Saturday, January 1st at the Cradle of Aviation Museum in Garden City,NY. (Rain date: Sunday, January 2nd)

Registration begins at 10am. Kickstands Up at Noon.
    Post-Run Party at Mulcahy’s Pub in Centereach, featuring food, prizes and live music by Voodoo Rhythm Devils!

Donation is $20 per person. 100% of proceeds will benefit the American Cancer Society's "Camp Adventure" Program.

The first 1,000 registrants will receive a limited edition WBAB Cold Finger Run patch as a thank you for participating.
  2. RetiredJake

RetiredJake Junior Member

My local HOG Chapter has a Polar Bear Ride every New Year's Day. Since we started spending our winters in warmer climates I have been missing them, but try to ride on my own to be with them in spirit.
  3. cedarbrook63

cedarbrook63 Junior Member

Didn't get out on New Year's Day but I got my poor neglected scoot out on 2nd Jan for a ride up into the twisty Gloucestershire hills. Between one thing and another (getting married a few months back for one!) life went from the fast lane to the stupid fast lane and I've had very little time for many of the things that I like to do and so she languished connected to the battery tender since October......:(:( (ths Sportster - not the wife :s)
    Got back and got her cleaned up just before more snow fell. We've had a freaky amount of snow this year for Britain.
    BUT New Year's resolution is to put a lot more miles on it this year including a trip down to the Alps in Austria/Switzerland :D:D.

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Congratulations Cedarbrook63 on finding a new life partner to share your escapades with. 2011 is going to be a good year...colder temperature wise here in SoCal and wetter winter than we have had in a long time. Finding that I have to wear my leathers and leather wrap bandana to keep my face warm...looking more like a bike bandit these days...but someone said "--ride 'er like ya stole it...Enjoy"! :yes
  5. cedarbrook63

cedarbrook63 Junior Member

Many thanks for your good wishes NHD78F :D. It's been funny old weather all around - my friends in the tropics in Oz have have very strange weather tales as well. Are Mr. or Mrs. Nino/Nina up to tricks I wonder??
    Enjoy the ride and keep the rubber side down :D