First Mod?

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by T wrecks, Feb 28, 2008.

1. T wrecks

T wrecks Junior Member

Hey guys, I have a question for you all.:eamBefore you bought your bike, or even after you had picked it up, what was the first mod. you were really keen to do? For me, it was a White Bros. lowering kit for my 94 FXSTC Softail Custon, which I rode home brand new,(took me hours to get the bugs out of my teeth) the second, an exhaust......etc,etc.:breakdance

2. Flashback

Flashback Active Member

I bought my first "New" bike last summer an 08 FLHT. Before I even took it off the showroom floor I had em put a SE 110 stage 1 kit in it and swap the exhaust to true duels.

Can you say:

We don't need no stinking warrantee's :D

FB

3. Agro

Agro Active Member

First mod for me was a breather kit and V & H pipes right off the show room floor (Wanted it to sound like a Harley not a Singer)

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

Chrome front end for me.:D

5. the pirate

the pirate Member

I've had 3 new harleys since '97,each one got an S.E.air filter,the last 2 got the airfilters and ROUND "nostalgia" covers......I'm not into those "football" covers at all.I can"t imagine what Willie G. was thinkin" when he put those things on!!!!!!............just sayin' Then I went to pipes,cams etc.

6. rkc06

rkc06 Member

I got V&H basic slip on ,and SE air cleaner for sound, but more important chrome covers for those ugly passenger footboards

7. cuznjed

cuznjed Junior Member

I put forward controls on and changed out the stock pegs, looking into changing the bars on my fxdc to the bars on the fatbob, but not sure if it will work.

8. Zamadan

Zamadan Active Member

I focused on preventive maintenance and got the leather saddle bag covers and bra. Wanted to protect the paint. Then got the split vision mirrors which allow me to see the cages behind and to the sides. From there I got the oil cooler.

Scarest sound ever, tires squealing behind you at a red light.

9. Ozoneman

Ozoneman Active Member

Since I bought used the bike already had some stuff done like the stage 1 and pipes, small smoked windshield, smoked turn signals, chrome trim on gauges and speakers, etc. I added some nice chrome stuff like chrome accent rail on the tour pak, luggage rack, backrest for rider, chrome voltage regulator cover, chrome passenger grab rail and handrail covers, chrome and rubber hand grips, Nostalgic footboards and brake pedal and shifter peg, and detachable lower fairing kit. I still want to get chrome handlebar controls. And maybe chrome forks.

10. Tigg

Tigg Junior Member

My first mod was to replace every bolt on the bike with chrome ones and put S/EII mufflers on.