First Harley after 30 years of street riding

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by ultrascooterdave, Feb 12, 2012.

1. ultrascooterdave

ultrascooterdave Member

I started riding dirt at 10, got my street license at 17 bought my first new road bike 1983 honda interceptor and have had all types of Japanese bikes since. I have worked part time for Yamaha, Harley, Triumph, KTM, and Victory. My fiance and I just bought our first Harley and we are really excited. It is still at dealership, (we live in upstate NY and it's snowing as i'm posting) Anxious to bring the bike home. As soon as we have a 50 degree sunny day we will do that. We are planning a trip in July with a couple of friends to Blue Ridge Parkway and tail of the dragon and this will be the perfect bike for a long road trip. Looking forward to learning and sharing on this forum.

Dave

Attached Files:

2. dbmg

dbmg Experienced Member

Congrats on the new steed. May you make many miles of smiles upon it.:s
    Welcome to the "BEST on the NET". Be sure to check out the Self Help Area for great tips and advice on maintaining your bike.. Enjoy your stay!!!

3. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

Welcome from Minnesota.:bigsmiley23:

4. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Glad to have you aboard! :ws:rider

5. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Welcome to The Forum:ws:rider

6. sanec1

sanec1 Active Member

Nice looking ride. You and your fiance must be pumped over the new purchase. Welcome to the forum. :D

7. Rubyred

Rubyred Senior Member

Welcome to the forum. Love the Oswego area (in the summer).

8. Dr. Dolittle

Dr. Dolittle Experienced Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

Hey Dave, welcome from Woodstock, Georgia, northwest of Atlanta!

:cheers

Be sure to take a few minutes to read through this and your stay here will be long and pleasant!

Harley Davidson Community

By the way, I grew up just west of you in Rochester but have lived in the South for 25 years now. Be sure to post something in the Road Trips section or the Regional one as your trip approaches. Many helpful members here to aid you in planning the perfect trip!
    ........................................................................................................

9. gungatim

gungatim Account Removed

Welcome from West Michigan! Nice looking ride too!

10. DakotaRob

DakotaRob Active Member

Welcome from South Dakota! Congrats on that sweet looking new ride!