free website stats program fender sicker | Harley Davidson Forums

fender sicker

allview

hi! first time posting but I have a question, I have a 2009 deluxe and I ride solo so I took the buddy pad and rack off only to find some kind of sicker on my fender! harley people are all scare to give me an answer since it's a 2009, can any one help??:newsmile058:

It's up to you. I would warm it it with a hair dryer first. Makes removal easier.
There is another thread about this same thing. If there is any residue left after removal, use some Zippo lighter fluid to get rid of it. It's kind to paint and leaves no sticky mess.
If you want to put it back on later and it will not stick, use 2 or 3 layers of Fablon type film as a substitute.
:)

I took my pillion seat and luggage rack off and discovered one of those wonderful plastic thingies too. I got mine off by using a hair dryer to warm it up and then s-l-o-w-l-y pulling it off. If you have a few extra afternoons with absolutely nothing else to do it is well worth it.

However, if you ever put your pillion seat back on be sure to put some kind of protector under it. That plastic sheet really does protect the paint.

Back