free website stats program Feelings | Harley Davidson Forums

Feelings

glider

Veteran Member
I have a funny story to relate to you all. I just bought a new MDX and it has all the bells and whistles that you could ever wish for including the Navigation system which I have never had before but liked it when I test drove a new MDX so I got it in mine.

Great piece of equipment.....I think!

Well after many arguments with this "voice recognition" system that runs everything in the car, I swear it must be a blonde because it just doesn't understand many commands :D, maybe it's me but the more I use it the more I understand it and I am starting to like it too. Maybe just a change in hair color would help.

I like the feature where you tell it to go home and it plots the route from where ever you are to home. Really a great idea.

Now here's the kicker...

Yesterday I thought I was making real progress with it until I was trying to enter a destination that contained the letter "E" and blondie just doesn't understand the letter "E" and replies with "I"? then "V"? then about 4 more after that. At this point I wasn't amused and told blondie what I thought of her and with that, something in the words I used turned on the radio and the song that was playing at that very minute was "feelings" . I jumped out of the car and ran because it lives!

I may go back and get the car sometime today when she has time to reconsider sitting out in the rain instead of in a climate controlled garage.

:lolrolling

ahhhh, isn't technology great? I have on star and i would like a number pad for dialing cause it just can't understand some numbers.

Last edited:
Technology can be a blessing and a curse, still haven't worked out all the kinks on my Bluetooth equipped Motorola wireless headset and Samsung wireless cell phone voice recognition/address book after almost a year of operation...dooh!! :bigsmiley6:

:newsmile100::newsmile100:

I was laughing so hard it hurt.

In general, I cannot stand the Voice Recognition stuff. I think my voice is too deep and I mumble to much for any of those to understand me without speaking super slow.

Yes it does. That's a work around and an option.

Maybe you should learn spanish?If its like all the the telephone systems, that seems to be the first option.
If you have the preset seat option you may want knee pads before climbing back behind the wheel.Those blondes are spightful and that steering wheel comes up on the knees quickly.

Had a similar problem with the On Star phone in my truck. My truck must have had a "northern blond" computer and could not understand my southern accent.:D

I have a funny story to relate to you all. I just bought a new MDX and it has all the bells and whistles that you could ever wish for including the Navigation system which I have never had before but liked it when I test drove a new MDX so I got it in mine.

Great piece of equipment.....I think!

Well after many arguments with this "voice recognition" system that runs everything in the car, I swear it must be a blonde because it just doesn't understand many commands :D, maybe it's me but the more I use it the more I understand it and I am starting to like it too. Maybe just a change in hair color would help.

I like the feature where you tell it to go home and it plots the route from where ever you are to home. Really a great idea.

Now here's the kicker...

Yesterday I thought I was making real progress with it until I was trying to enter a destination that contained the letter "E" and blondie just doesn't understand the letter "E" and replies with "I"? then "V"? then about 4 more after that. At this point I wasn't amused and told blondie what I thought of her and with that, something in the words I used turned on the radio and the song that was playing at that very minute was "feelings" . I jumped out of the car and ran because it lives!

I may go back and get the car sometime today when she has time to reconsider sitting out in the rain instead of in a climate controlled garage.

:lolrolling

Hahahahahaha...I told you glider, "you talk funny", no wonder the poor thing can't understand you!!!! :lolrolling

Back