free website stats program fault codes | Harley Davidson Forums

fault codes

redneck69

running fault codes on my wifes 06 low rider. it came up 0263. then pn 32384-06 came up. the harley dealer says no such pn. the code 0263 is rear injector open/low efi. not sure what it is and dont want to take it to the dealer.

Welcome to the forum rednect, I would not take it to that dealer, have you cleared the code and has it come back?
Are there and running issues?
It could be a broken wire to the rear injector, inside of the plastic housing that you can not see, if you cleared the code and it is not showing back up try to wiggle the rear injector wires while the ign is on and if it pops the code that would be it, sometimes harleys can through codes just because of a hiccup during starting one time and mean nothing. Also 06 twin cams had a few issuses with the early injectors, here's a bulletin they had out, just for your reading pleasure.

View attachment fuel injectors.pdf

When you first start and ride it doesn't do it. then once you shut it off and start agin it will start cutting out on one cyclinder. the engine lite comes on and then it will go off and start missing agin.

I do have a friend that runs a shop but not got equipment for newer engines. I will start with the wires and may take out the injector and check it. Thanks!!

It sounds like a intermittent problem, I would do the wiggle test on the wires where they plug into the top of the rear injector when you first start the bike while cold, if you can't get your fingers in there just use a long screwdriver or something, have never seen a injector itself go bad. Let us know what you fine, you don't need no shop with fancy equipment for newer engines, just a tech with common sense.

Back