free website stats program Fatboy Ignition Switch | Harley Davidson Forums

Fatboy Ignition Switch

jroe_7

Hey all. I've got a 2001 fatboy that I am trying to replace the ignition switch. I've removed the old switch but can't figure out how to get the wires (3 pronged) to stay in the new wire harness. Any help would be much appreciated...I'm dying to get back on the road. Thanks.

Should be tabs on the end terminals that retain the wires in the plug. You may have to lift them up so they hook in better.

Thanks for the tip...got the wires in and the switch hooked up. Another problem though...the guys at Harley said the ignition switch was my issue but apparently not. After hooking the new one up, I still have my problem. The switch doesn't work for "ignition" but it does for "accessories". i.e. when I turn the switch to "accessories", the lights come on, odomoter comes on, etc. But when I turn the switch to "ignition", I get nothing. No odometer, no lights, no nothing. Any idea what the problem could be?

If you had that same problem with the other switch, it's time to start checking the wire off the switch that runs the ignition circuits with a meter or test light. Check fuses and see where you are loosing the power, possibly a misplaced connection in a plug in the harness. Open them all and clean and use a bit of dielectric grease in them.

Back