Fat MiniApes - How do they handle?

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by REIDMART1, Mar 18, 2009.

1. REIDMART1

REIDMART1 Member

I have an 08 Deluxe and I am considering the fat (1 1/4") mini ape handlebars. I am very happy with the feel and control of the stock bars, but, I like the looks of the mini apes. Are there any pros and cons of switching to mini apes? How are they on long trips, tight situations, etc.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

"Oh I'm not going to do anything to this bike, just lend it to friends so they can ride with me!" :lolrolling

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

Rich....my reputation (if any) would be shot if I agreed with you here. :bigsmiley20::lolrolling

4. REIDMART1

REIDMART1 Member

Thanks, nice to know that you are happy with them. I will have to find a ride to try them out.

5. bwalsh22

bwalsh22 Junior Member

Glad to see you are liking them and not planning to go to the street slammers.

Have to second that, love the stock mini-apes on the street bob. They handle well and are quite comfortable.

6. muttlange

muttlange Member

Put them on My 08 Deluxe, and I love them. it took all of 15 mins too get use to them.:small3d026::small3d026::small3d026::small3d026:

7. REIDMART1

REIDMART1 Member

They look great buddy. Glad to know you got used to them quickly. Thanks for the message.

8. Overcamber

Overcamber Account Removed

I just bought the 9.5 inch mini apes buffalo bars for my heritage springer..would anyone know how much longer I have to go on the throttle cables/clutch and front brake line?..going braided so I only want to buy them once..thanks

9. muttlange

muttlange Member

Just call one of the Dealers, They'll point you in the right direction!!!!

10. maine-e-axe

maine-e-axe Junior Member

the wires fit inside the 1 1/4 apes for a cleaner look but you need new risers as well, I like em.