Fairing Repair

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by HDDon, Nov 4, 2010.

1. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

The bottom hole on my '05 FLTRI RoadGlide is stripped. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I can repair it with? I'm thinking something I can put in the hole as a liquid and let it cure and then drill to the proper size for the self tapping original screw.

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

The dealer has a repair part for fixing that problem or JB weld can be used and drilled after hardening. Is there enough meat to use a threaded insert that utilizes a pop rivet gun to install?

If you have any pork chops, I'll come and do it for you :lolrolling

3. kemo

kemo R.I.P

Glider, he is in Florida and you are in New York. I was in Florida last week and it was 95' F, probably warmer there then N/Y. No brainier. You should go just too help him out
    Kemo

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

Great idea, it's rainy and cold here today, that heat sure would feel good.:D

Light the grille!

5. kemo

kemo R.I.P

We can stop in and see Jack.
    kemo

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

I'll bring the camera this time. :lolrolling

7. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

You guys are always welcome as for any member passing thru Jacksonville, I have a spare bedroom and a pretty good cook, Capital Jack:s

Don, the Boss has a good idea here with J B WELD, I made fins for a 39 VLD harley head in 92 it is still good to go, hard to beat this stuff, let us know how it turns out, Capital Jack

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2010