free website stats program extending front brake line on flhtk | Harley Davidson Forums

extending front brake line on flhtk

robert gabrian

i'm putting 14 inch ape hangers on my 2013 flhtk 110th anniversary bike need info on front brake line. I believe these bars are 6 inches taller than stock. Can I just get a 6 inch longer breake line for the front or what, since it does have abs brakes. what will I need. thanks

The lower portion of your brakes ie: from the splitter to the two front calipers will be the same length. You will need to determine the extra length of the upper portion too the splitter. +6" sounds about right. Contact the maker of your bars and I am sure they will be happy to help out. As far as ABS goes, well, thats beyond me. I am still dealing with the antique stuff and do not delve into the new fangled much.....

Welcome to the forum Robert. Yes, all you need is a 6" longer line from the master cylinder to the splitter under the bottom triple tree. Unfortunately, Harley makes the brake line assembly as a single piece, so you will need to get a assembly. Do a couple of searches for "harley brake lines" on Russel, and Goodrich sites among others. They will have what you need.

:wce

I put apes on my '10 flhtcu and it had abs. The brake line from the master cylinder actually goes under the gas tank to the solenoid block under the right side cover. I realize your bike is a different model but I believe the brake line is routed the same. I would imagine +6" would be close. Hill country custom cycle helped me with the cable and hose lengths I needed.

I put apes on my '10 flhtcu and it had abs. The brake line from the master cylinder actually goes under the gas tank to the solenoid block under the right side cover. I realize your bike is a different model but I believe the brake line is routed the same. I would imagine +6" would be close. Hill country custom cycle helped me with the cable and hose lengths I needed.

Good to know, thanks for that info. So you only had to replace the line from mstr. cyl. to the solenoid?

I put 2" pull back bars on my 2011 TK. I replaced the clutch cable with a 2" longer Barnett HE cable and yes had to replace the upper brake line with a 2" longer OEM assembly. The really important issue is proper bleeding of the braking system with ABS.

Back