Exhaust System Suggestions for a 2016 Softail Slim

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by vann9741, Nov 17, 2015.

1. vann9741

vann9741 Member

I was hoping some of the veterans could give me some good feedback. The Harley Dealership is all about the Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 1. What I would like is an exhaust system that provides a great Harley sound, increases performance, and looks great on my bike. Also it has to be black. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1447769737.665831.jpg

2. dolt

dolt Senior Member Contributor

Bassani Pro Streets. Bassani PN 1S24DB; Drag Specialties PN 1800-1509.

These are black with "turn outs" but retain the stepped head pipe. There are other Pro Streets available but all don't have the stepped head pipe; don't ask me why but it can be confusing. The Pro Streets are a 2:2 system but they don't give way to 2:1 systems when it comes to performance and they perform better than other 2:2 systems. Also not Thunderheader loud but great sound. Another system you might look at is the Kuryakyn Crusher Power Cell which is a pseudo 2:1:2 system. While I don't see much difference between the Kury system and the V&H "power chamber" design, the Kury system does look interesting.

I have run several 2:1 systems on my 95" Deuce and they all sound great at low rpms but cruising at highway speeds of 75-80mph, they all get a bit tinny to my ear. Have tried wrapping/unwrapping baffles with no change. 2:2 systems just don't have that higher pitched sound at highway speeds but typically don't offer comparable performance to a 2:1 system. The Pro Streets are the only 2:2 system that produces comparable power without the higher pitched tone at highway cruise.

I realize exhaust sound is very subjective and have made a recommendation based on my experience with different systems. YMMV.:s

3. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

dolt has you covered , you may check out sound bites on you tube, better yet swing by your dealer, many bikes have upgraded exhaust on them on the show floor