free website stats program Exhaust-slips | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust-slips

Just bougt an 09 SG and had dealer put on Reinhart Slips. Louder than stock but not very impressive. Thinking of (1) reinhart TDs vs (2) VH TD with Monster Ovals- Want something loud but not too loud drounds out radio-local dealer say MO are very quiet-maybe too quiet. Any thoughts??

The Reinhardt get louder with age. I really think you should have someone drive your bike to hear them properly. On the bike they are not loud but behind the bike they are.

yo dirty harry! I just went through the same exercise and ended up with the monster ovals. They did the install a couple of days ago, did the download to remap the ecu and i also did the heavy breather from vance and hines also. nice. Really deep, rich sound, I like it a lot... good luck.

yo dirty harry! I just went through the same exercise and ended up with the monster ovals. They did the install a couple of days ago, did the download to remap the ecu and i also did the heavy breather from vance and hines also. nice. Really deep, rich sound, I like it a lot... good luck.
rterryhatch- thanks. So, did you also change out the stock header pipes? V&H TD dressers??

You have an '09. So far the only TD setup I'm aware of is the Bub 'Sevens'. Is anyone else running TD's on their '09?

I have the Reinhart slip-on on mine, but haven't been able to really ride it since they were installed. I have liked the sound of every Reinhart-equipped bike I've heard, though, TD or not.
Both Reinhart and V&H have TDs for 2009 touring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back