exhaust question

Discussion in 'Dyna Models' started by JOEFASH, Oct 27, 2013.

1. JOEFASH

JOEFASH Member

can someone tell me if i have to buy a fuel processor to upgrade my pipes on my new 2013 dyna glide 96 c.i. either with full exhaust or slip ons. want to buy short shots

2. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Your ECM will accommodate a change to exhaust or air cleaner 1 at a time, tho these beasts run lean to begin with, a fueler is a big plus NOW

3. JOEFASH

JOEFASH Member

thank you for your help

4. TQuentin1

TQuentin1 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

Are you or have you also done your air cleaner? If you have done both, your engine will be running a bit lean. So you will do better with a fuel adder. If you are only doing the pipes, you can probably get away with it, but you will be running OEM lean. The best bet is always adding a fueler even with NO mods.

TQ

5. JOEFASH

JOEFASH Member

starting with just the exhaust. money is running lean , LOL

6. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

Harley Davidson Forums Have a look here:s

7. JOEFASH

JOEFASH Member

thank you..i have had so many say what you are but others say different. gonna go with your answer.. again thanks

8. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

I have always heard that short shots are a BUGGER to tune... No back-pressure is Not what a HD motor needs.

Just Food for Thought....

I ALSO have gone to a HD Race Tuner for My fueler and liking it very much.....:bigsmiley23:

signed....BUBBIE

9. JOEFASH

JOEFASH Member

thanks everyone for your help. especially for the links for dobeck. i'm soon to be makin some noise . Gonna avoid the short shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

If you do decide to go with the short shots, give these folks a call:Home