free website stats program Exhaust Question" | Harley Davidson Forums

Exhaust Question"

ElGato

Account Removed
I am a dummy when it comes to the street bike seen since I have not owned a street bike for about 8 years and am completely lost with the EFI system. Yesterday I got my night train back form its 1000 mie service and had it lowered 1'' from Miami. I can not stand the sound of the stock exhaust its driving me crazy, Now, I do have a brand new SERT that just came in , but have to wait a few months before I can buy a new exhaust and breather installed due to MONEY and prior committments out of state. Here's my question. (1) can I have the H.D dealer pull the baffels and tune it, (2) would I need to provide my new sert and have them pull the baffels and tune it, in either case if:newsmile09::newsmile09: possible would I need to purchase a breather??. Any ideas, need to overcome the stress. Thank You

Now, I do have a brand new SERT that just came in , but have to wait a few months before I can buy a new exhaust and breather installed due to MONEY and prior committments out of state.

This is JMHO and what I would do. If the SERT is still in the package unopened, I would return it (if they will take it back). The SERT coupled with dyno time charges is gonna be big bucks. Especially if you are not racing the bike!! Use the money to buy a simple fueler which is all you will need for a street bike. Save the change and when you have the coin, do a full STAGE 1 upgrade with the slip-ons you like, and a free flowing breather. Check around with folks that have the same bike as you but that have upgraded to an exhaust you like the sound of for ideas on what you want.

Check these:

Stage 1-2-3-4 Explained - Harley Davidson Community

EFI Tuner Comparisons - Harley Davidson Community

TQ

I have a 08 night train with a stage1,screaming eagle pro super tuner, bought the bike & had the vance & hines big radius 2 into 2 pipes but changed them to the Samson legend series cuz I think they sound better & just got mine back from it's 1000 mile service & dyno & am VERY happy with the investment.My dyno results are =max power = 70.69 & max torque =83.65. The bike is smoother,throttle response is much better([power band), and a noticable gain. Good luck & enjoy the ride.

Back