Votes: 200 12.3%
  • Amsoil

Votes: 439 26.9%
  • Lucas

Votes: 48 2.9%
  • OTHER (Please Specify)

Votes: 129 7.9%

• Total voters
So it looks like mobil 1 v-twin is aboult the best oil to run from what i have seen on here. If I buy the oil dealers should do the change with the provided oil shouldnt they? I know its kind of a stupid question since I have customers that do it all the time in the GM dealer I work at currently. I just dont want to deal with the mess or mess around with the used oil.

So it looks like mobil 1 v-twin is aboult the best oil to run from what i have seen on here. If I buy the oil dealers should do the change with the provided oil shouldnt they? I know its kind of a stupid question since I have customers that do it all the time in the GM dealer I work at currently. I just dont want to deal with the mess or mess around with the used oil.

Call your dealer and ask would be my thought here, some of the dealers are funny this way JMO

ok I have been planning a trip to the dealer on saturday so ill talk to them then. i dont see why they wouldn't if I am still paying the labor. I also want them to put different stuff in primary and trans. classic loud 6 speed and thats gotta change especially since i think they have syn 3 in all 3 holes right now.

I just went from Mobil 1 V-Twin to Valvoline 20/50 full synthetic motorcycle oil. $6.00 a quart by the case (6). Seems to be doing what it's supposed to.

Joe, I used to go to 'hot' boat drag races a lot. Among other things, these are nitro boats burning up the liquid quarter mile at around 250 mph!!! Well, I enjoyed lurking around the pit areas and looking at all the beautiful and FAST boats. I always liked Valvoline (got from my dad I guess) but then I looked up inside one of the boat maintenance trailers, and it was full of VALVOLINE motor oil - dont recall if syn or dino (was a long time ago) BUT from then on I KNEW Valvoline was a good choice for motor oil IF they were using it!!!

Bill -- ride safely Pal.

I've been happy with Mobil 1 both the regular and the V-Twin brand. Now I get the 5 quart Mobil 1 bottle from Walmart and use that.
Works fine and I save a few bucks.
I'm in an industry that uses oil sampling quite a bit. I've sampled a few different brands of oil and they have all been fine within my oil change interval.

Dave

I have used amsoil for years. This year I started to used DYNAOIL and I was very happy with it my motorcycle run about 20 degrees cooler than with amsoil and that with a 98" motor and 575 gear drive cams.:)

I was looking into getting Mobil 1 V-twin, but can't find it at the local WalMart here near Fort Jackson, SC. I am stationed at Fort Bliss, TX, where there is Mobil1 V-twin. Considering there were no service records, I decided to go ahead and change the oil at 12k miles, as well as the primary/tranny fluid. I went ahead and just got the HD 20W-50, and the Formula+1. At 15k, I will go ahead and switch to Mobil1 V-twin for engine oil.

Back