free website stats program Engine Light Problem | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine Light Problem

twicecam

I'm having a little problem as I am riding my engine light keeps coming on a and I have found that if I loosen the gas cap that it goes off, I can make it come on my accelerating hard I have ran all the codes and nothing comes up, could it be the vent in the gas cap is clogged or something else? It's a 06 deluxe with 22,000 miles on it. :dknow

Because the Engine Check light is logic 'ORed by the onboard processor...oil pressure/level sensor or fuel pump sensor or overtemperature....etc., the cause could be complex especially if just accelerating hard makes it come on. Did you do a recent mod affecting performance or electrical work, that may be the key to help you determine root cause.

I had similar symptoms on mine last year, it turned out to be the spark plug wires. I go a code on mine though when the engine light came on.

It appears that I have encountered my own engine light signal this year as well.
Was quite a rough start this spring. Battery was dead, had to jump start off the truck. Spark plugs took a sanding before firing up, would have preffered new ones but hey... I live at exactly nowhere almost so I pushed on.
The engine runs smooth, the bike rides nice.

About 3rd gear or so on the highway my engine light comes on, goes off as well as ramping down speed and down the gears as well.

I'm thinking to get new plugs asap of course, and that battery may have been killed although it sat in the house for the winter, should have held the charge I thought.

If there's one thing I hate it's electronic instruments. Between work and the bike now I think they may drive me mad. :D

Back