Engine cleaning

Discussion in 'Engine, Fuel and Exhaust' started by lesr389, Apr 28, 2015.

1. lesr389

lesr389 Member

What is the best thing to use to clean my engine. To clean the gunk and grime especially in the places i cant get to without taking off parts?

2. Dan.1977P

Dan.1977P Active Member

I'm a fan of good old fashion $0.99 engine degreaser and a hose. I know folks who swear by Pig Snot, too.

3. atm33

atm33 Active Member

Many people seem to like S-100 products (make specifically for motorcycles). Lots of good reviews on Amazon. I haven't tried them yet. They have stand alone engine cleaner spray too.

4. lesr389

lesr389 Member

Thanks guys

5. Bodeen

Bodeen Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Contributor

I know the Pig Snot and one of the S100 products is for the wrinkle finish and its not necessarily a cleaner but a spray on for a blacker newer looking wrinkle finish.

They may have a cleaner too but I am not aware of it. Whatever you use be sure to rinse and then rinse some more....

6. kdaddy

kdaddy Active Member

I use Gunk foamy engine spray top to bottom even back around my drive pulley. I use a round bottle brush for small hard to reach places.

7. PA 58

PA 58 Active Member

once you get it clean, try using a good wash n wax for frequent washing. then the dirt comes right off the next washing. also old tooth brushes bend to fit a lot of hard to reach places.

8. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

I have used S100 total cycle cleaner with pretty good results, a lot of rinsing is required. Lately I have been using Greased Lightening, about the same results but cheaper.

9. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Expert Member

:D Roger that, but lots of rinsing to prevent streaking

10. Jeff Klarich

Jeff Klarich Well-Known Member Contributor

I guess mine never gets dirty enough that good ole soap and water can't take care of. My issue is trying to keep the rear spoked wheel clean, that in itself is the biggest pain.:(