free website stats program Engine case bolt for 900ci ironhead | Harley Davidson Forums

Engine case bolt for 900ci ironhead

murf

I have a friend that's building a 1970 900" ironhead chopper. he has been unable to locate a specific case bolt (old one no good) This bolt is the only "allen" bolt on the cases. It is the bolt that goes from top left of cases into top right case. It is not one of the three bolts on lower right case and is what looks to be a 5/16x24 or 5/16x18 bolt about 3 1/2"-4" long. He has been told by HD that it is no longer made. ? Thanks for any help you can provide.

I have a friend that's building a 1970 900" ironhead chopper. he has been unable to locate a specific case bolt (old one no good) This bolt is the only "allen" bolt on the cases. It is the bolt that goes from top left of cases into top right case. It is not one of the three bolts on lower right case and is what looks to be a 5/16x24 or 5/16x18 bolt about 3 1/2"-4" long. He has been told by HD that it is no longer made. ? Thanks for any help you can provide.

I don't know IF you have them but a Screw Company or a Fastener co. would have them....

Take the old with you...

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks Hoople, I'll give my friend the web address. Will also suggest a fastener co. Bubbie.

Check your local LOWES, they have a good bolt and nut assortment:s

Back