free website stats program electrical problems w/ headlamps shutting off while riding | Harley Davidson Forums

electrical problems w/ headlamps shutting off while riding

hotrains

i was riding home one night when all of a sudden all of my lights went out except my speedometer. the headlamps, spotlights, turn signals, taillight, etc. bike was still running. i turned my highbeams on and then after about 10 seconds they would come back on. i turned my highbeams off, all the lights went off. turn highbeams back on, ten seconds later, all lights come on. completely confused. please help? have a 98 fatboy.

Check the breakers if you have any other than the main breaker, otherwise it sounds like it could be a bad connection in the harness, possibly a plug.

i was riding home one night when all of a sudden all of my lights went out except my speedometer. the headlamps, spotlights, turn signals, taillight, etc. bike was still running. i turned my highbeams on and then after about 10 seconds they would come back on. i turned my highbeams off, all the lights went off. turn highbeams back on, ten seconds later, all lights come on. completely confused. please help? have a 98 fatboy.

Are you running the stock bars or did you change them?If they have been changed Id bet the stock harness has a broken wire in it going to the handlebar controls.Pull off the speedo and look for pinched wireing.

Back