free website stats program Electrical issues, or fuel injector? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Electrical issues, or fuel injector?

Hey Guys,
Thanks again for the replies.

Quick update: I tried the wiggle test on the wires leading to the fuel injectors, and didn't notice any difference.

Plan to try the WD40 test over the weekend to see if we have an intake leak. I'm crossing my fingers.

Unfortunately, I think I am stuck until I get an interface into the SERT and find out if the mappings are right.

One thing that strikes me as curious; If I have incorrect mappings in the SERT, and an extreme lean condition, shouldn't it be random which cylinder is the one that misses? I am just curious why it feels more like the fron cylinder is missing, not the rear? This is just a complete feel thing, I obviously have no proof of it actually happening that way?

One thing that strikes me as curious; If I have incorrect mappings in the SERT, and an extreme lean condition, shouldn't it be random which cylinder is the one that misses? I am just curious why it feels more like the fron cylinder is missing, not the rear? This is just a complete feel thing, I obviously have no proof of it actually happening that way?

Glider,

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't the cylinders mapped independently so that Springer could have one cylinder that seems to have more of a problem then the other?

TQ

Glider,

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren't the cylinders mapped independently so that Springer could have one cylinder that seems to have more of a problem then the other?

TQ

You're correct there TQ. It could be in the mapping/cylinder trim.

Back