free website stats program Electrical issue | Harley Davidson Forums

Electrical issue

Greg Wittel

This has to do with some sort of electrical issue. This is going to sound crazy but here's what I know when the humidity is extremely high speedometer and odometer won't work, turn signals won't cancel out, Engine will not idle, and the automatic volume control on the stereo will not work, does anybody know what it could possibly be?

When the atmosphere is dry everything works the way it should.

The bike I am talking about is a 2002 electric glide classic.

Last edited by a moderator:
When this happens do you have a check eng. light on? If so have you tried to pull any codes?The reason the turns won't cancel is because the TSM or TSSM is not getting a signal from the speedo. The radio is probably the same problem as the turns. The rest I don't have a clue with out any codes.
tourbox

When this happens do you have a check eng. light on? If so have you tried to pull any codes?The reason the turns won't cancel is because the TSM or TSSM is not getting a signal from the speedo. The radio is probably the same problem as the turns. The rest I don't have a clue with out any codes.
tourbox

If I let the engine stall and shut off on its own, then the check engine light will come on. Once the bike sits out in the sun for a couple hours everything is just fine. How do I pull codes from the motorcycle?

Back