free website stats program Electra Glide or Road King.... help!! | Harley Davidson Forums

Electra Glide or Road King.... help!!

bigjohn650

Hi

I am fairly new to biking never mind this forum!
I have been looking for a tourer and have gravitated towards HD.
I have seen an Electra Glide for sale from an old friends Custom Cycle Shop (he owned it at various times of its life) and really fancy it.
However, another friend told me of his Father's experience with an EG and how when it came to adding a pillion and full luggage there were certain limitations BUT has changed to a Road King and all those dissappeared.

My question is, will a EG handle 2 people of combined weight around 30 stone and full luggage without bottoming out? Or should i go with the other advice and look for a Road King?

The EG is around 10 years old and about the right price range for me.

Your experience and advice for a new start is greatly appreciated

Bigjohn650
from Bonnie Scotland

The EG should have air suspension unless it has been removed so both the bikes you mention should handle 2 up riding. The older one will usually have more problems associated with it's age but check it over well before purchasing it.

Glide all the way. By the time you put a trunk on the King the Glide Classic is cheaper, plus you get a stereo. Now the stereo never is shut off. Hindsight being 20/20 after 30K+ miles, I wish I would have stepped up to the Ultra.

Well know that's a tough one for me I like both and I ride the RKC which I am more than satisfied with since I bought it in May. I looked at both bikes but the RKC style is what sold me. However I almost bought an 08 Harley Orange Road Glide but as I was tying up the deal it walked out to someone else...... :newsmile048:

Oh man smitty that breaks my heart to see that bike since it would have matched up with my orange silverado.....:(

Re: Electra Glide or Road King.... help!! - sorted!

To all repliers

Many thanks for your help and support with this dilemma of mine.....
it turns out that I should have never have had to ask the question... because my friends father rode a Dyna Glide and changed to a Road King, not the electra Glide as he originally claimed!

But it was good to hear other folks point of view

Happy Riding!

Re: Electra Glide or Road King.... help!! - sorted!

I know what you should do...... Get the Ultra for some trips and a Low Rider for everyday!

Back