free website stats program Electra Glide 2010 | Harley Davidson Forums

Electra Glide 2010

A purchase of a new Ultra Glide is in the near future. I have read a few posts about the "New" 2010 models. As the new mods have been made to the 2009 models, what is in store for the 2010 offers. If any.
Thanks

As the new mods have been made to the 2009 models, what is in store for the 2010 offers. If any.

Oh Jeez, you done got it started now.....

A purchase of a new Ultra Glide is in the near future. I have read a few posts about the "New" 2010 models. As the new mods have been made to the 2009 models, what is in store for the 2010 offers. If any.
Thanks

At this point in the ballgame the question might be "what does the epa have in store for the 2010".

I see in 2010 ( looking in the crystal ball ) a new electric motor to replace the old gas Vtwins to eliminate the heat problems. Throttle will be replaced by brain electrodes that way when you want to go fast just think about it. This will solve all of the problems with the servo driven throttle. And for those of us who have grown used to the 1st and fifth gear whine they are incorporating a "whine soundtrack" that will kick in about 55 MPH and start return on the down stroke at about 15-20 MPH.

Also the range between charges would be about 190 miles. If you can't find any power outlets there will be a peddle feature so you can peddle it to the hearest charge point. hahaha Just kidding got to laugh about something in this horrible economy.

Steve

I see in 2010 ( looking in the crystal ball ) a new electric motor to replace the old gas Vtwins to eliminate the heat problems. Throttle will be replaced by brain electrodes that way when you want to go fast just think about it. This will solve all of the problems with the servo driven throttle. And for those of us who have grown used to the 1st and fifth gear whine they are incorporating a "whine soundtrack" that will kick in about 55 MPH and start return on the down stroke at about 15-20 MPH.

Also the range between charges would be about 190 miles. If you can't find any power outlets there will be a peddle feature so you can peddle it to the hearest charge point. hahaha Just kidding got to laugh about something in this horrible economy.

Steve
How long have you been brain stormin' for Milwaukee Steve!!!??

I heard a rumour that the 2010 models will incorporate a host of new technological improvements.

Engine-wise, they are considering going to a new more efficient side-valve design with high flow cylinder heads simply described as "flat"

Fuel injection is out the window and ignition is changing a space age system known as the "breaker point". (as used on the Space Shuttle I hear)

Changes to the primary include some sort of system known as "total loss" I don't know what that means but I've heard it also doubles as some sort of automatic corrosion control as well.:34:

Oh, the 2010, you mean the one with the welded crank, 103" motor with 203 cams, SERT tuner high flow air cleaner, your preferred pipes installed at the factory Air horns rated at 185db and the all important death ray high beam that allows you to immediatly vaporize anyone that cuts you off in traffic or preforms an illegal left turn in front of you. Yep, just go to http://www.winninglotterynumbersforyou.com and you will be able to download the full color brochure and a coupon good for $3000.00 worth of free accessories.

LOL! Some things will never change. No sooner does a new model year hit the market, and before it can even get dropped in the 1st parking lot, The speculation on the next years changes start.
Really sort of rediculous when you think about it. How could anyone possibly know?

LOL! Some things will never change.
Really sort of rediculous when you think about it. How could anyone possibly know?

Oh but your soooo wrong! Someone knows. Someone has to know and will leak it. Trouble is, with so many rumors you will never know what is real and what is not. Even with the 09 models, there was correct information about the new frame, gearing ratio rear tire and more. Trouble is try to remove the right info from the web of bad info. In a way you are right, we will never know until they are released. I just wish I knew that "someone"! :p

Back