Elbow Grease Discount

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by glider, Oct 18, 2007.

1. glider

glider Veteran Member

Last edited: Oct 18, 2007
  2. acerider_01

acerider_01 Member

Glider,
    Hey, I have heard this is a great upgrade. However, is it true that it cannot be installed on profile laced wheels? Would love to upgrade but, kinda like the laced look. If so, the clatter is not worth new wheels and upgrade.

3. glider

glider Veteran Member

4. docholliday88

docholliday88 Member

is that something just baggers should have done, what about '07 softtails with the 6 speed?

5. glider

glider Veteran Member

No softails yet. Just baggers finally.

The axle spacing is different and so is the pulley tooth count.

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

I was just looking through the 08 P&A book and it states about the IDS as follows...

Page 461
    Fits 07 Touring (except Japanese) models equipped with original equipment and H-D accessory wheels.

I would take that to mean the profile laced wheels as an accessory wheel but check with the dealer first. The wording can be a bit misleading sometimes.

7. acerider_01

acerider_01 Member

Glider, Thanx for the info. I will be doing some research and will let you know what I find out. Now, beginning to wish I had gotten the aluminum rims, For two reasons, IDS and no tube. Oh well, we see how it turns out. Once again thanks for your time and knowledge.

8. glider

glider Veteran Member

Glad to help out and will be curious as to the outcome myself. I think it will fit the profile myself.

I also like the option of plugging a tire to get you home on the mags.