free website stats program EFI Tuner Comparisons | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

EFI Tuner Comparisons

TTS Mastertune. Allows you to save the stock map. They have available maps, plus it comes with a program call VTune which allows to better the map with learned data. Support seems pretty good too.

Thorns

Mr. Data,

I have a 2009 RoadKing. I put a K&N stage 1 kit and Wild Pigs slip-ons, 2" baffles. Yes it is running pretty lean. I am scheduled for stage 1 download at the dealership. From what I am hearing, is that this may not work for me, is this the case?

Just came back from the Myrtle Beach Rally and almost pulled the trigger on the PC V from "Speed's Performance Plus" with a dyno tune. Someone I was with said the dealership download will work fine. What do you think? Also, if I get the download will it mess things up if I then choose to get a tuner?

I've been reading your threads since I joined this forum. I appreciate your advice.

K&N stage 1 kit and Wild Pigs slip-ons, 2" baffles installed you'll need to add fuel or you will be running even more lean. If I had to do it over I would get the autotune

Mr. Data,

I have a 2009 RoadKing. I put a K&N stage 1 kit and Wild Pigs slip-ons, 2" baffles. Yes it is running pretty lean. I am scheduled for stage 1 download at the dealership. From what I am hearing, is that this may not work for me, is this the case?

Just came back from the Myrtle Beach Rally and almost pulled the trigger on the PC V from "Speed's Performance Plus" with a dyno tune. Someone I was with said the dealership download will work fine. What do you think? Also, if I get the download will it mess things up if I then choose to get a tuner?

I've been reading your threads since I joined this forum. I appreciate your advice.

Here's my two cents:

The general concensus is that if you do either a higher flowing air filter OR less restrictive exhaust you're OK without a fuel tuner. Yes, you'll be running even leaner than stock but i don't believe you're going to do any long term harm.

If you do BOTH of the items above, as you have done, you're really running TOO lean now. The dealer download will return your bike to the stock level of leanness that you started at. Again, no big deal in the long run but.....if you spent the money on the pipes and the air filter, you really should consider the fuel tuner to get the full Stage I benefit of heat reduction and performance.

The majority of members on this forum are thrilled with the performance and the simplicity of the TFI, and you get a forum discount!

so which one should i buy if i want to for example add the arlen ness big sucker air cleaner and vance & hines 2 into 2 big radius to my 2008 fatboy with 96 c.i. and later upgrade to a 103 c.i. heads?..please advise

Back