free website stats program EFI Tuner Comparisons | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

EFI Tuner Comparisons

It's a matter of personal preference but the TFI and the PC will do the job. Some have experienced problems with the TFI when going to a bigger grind cam but for what you mention the TFI would work well.

i did forget to mention that the guys at m harley store are recommending 255 cams..so that may change things?..and thanks for the info this efi system can be very confusing when you consider all of the offerings out here. cheers!

OK, stupid question time. just did a stage one on my 09 eglide classic, SE high flow air and SE slipon exhaust, dealer did the download. Are the 02 sensors still hooked up?

OK, stupid question time. just did a stage one on my 09 eglide classic, SE high flow air and SE slipon exhaust, dealer did the download. Are the 02 sensors still hooked up?
Like T said YES,,

But my opinion and this is on ALL stage One downloads by HD,
The down load mainly ALLOWS your RPM from 5600 to 6200 rpm... and More fuel at WOT only...

The motor is still WAY TOO Lean... EPA doesn't allow HD to get the fuel managed where the HEALTH Motor needs it to be...

There Many after market Fuelers that do the job..

I usually recommend the TFI/Gen3 by Dobecks performance.. They do product support here on the Home Page and Besides I like the EASY install and set...

You as a HDT member get a Discount on an already good price of around 250$ Plus the site question and answer support here...

Look at it before you Buy a Big dollar fueler.. The TFI/Gen3 will do very good for a street type bike.

signed....BUBBIE

mine , 09 FLHR works well with full stage one and SE 255 cams

I just had a serious discussion with an experienced service writer at my local dealer. He does not recommend the Stage-1 download. He did not mention how much fuel is added at WOT, but he did say that the download is not worth the price ($189 for the download, and $85 for the (ahem, "minimum") hour labor), since all it does is add about 1% more fuel, and raise the rev limit (most folks don't use that part). I was under the false impression that the download adds enough fuel to compensate for the additional air flow, due to stage 1 input and slip-ons, even if olny to the same lean-ness, at that configuration, as it was with original settings and stock airbox and slip-ons. I am told that no where near enough fuel is added to do that. We need a fuel tuner or ECU tuner to make it safe to run the scoot with Stage-1 airbox and slip-ons, even with a stage-1 download. Looking at the recommended initial settings for my TFI hints at this condition. They don't change all that much between stage-1 hardware with, and without stage-1 download.

There is the testimony of one...

Enjoy,
Rich P

Back