free website stats program EFI Fuel Line Removal | Harley Davidson Forums

EFI Fuel Line Removal

glider.

BOT Machine
When removing a tank on an EFI bike, there's a disconnect under the tank where the fuel supply line connects to the induction module. If you don't disconnect this line and raise the tank a few inches, you will snap the plastic connector and it will cost about $47 to replace the line.

You can also uncouple the fuel line at the connector on the bottom of the tank by depressing the outer shell similar to the connection used on air lines. These have a tendency to leak after being disconnected sometimes so the other connection at the induction module is preferred when separating the two for tank removal.

Also see this post...

Fuel Tank Removal - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I broke the connector I've read this a few times... anyone have part number for new fuel line for connectors? 07 Night Train.... Ugh....

an easy way to remove the line from the bottom of the tank and keep it from leaking is to bleed that line before removal, just pull the fuel pump fuse and start the bike until it dies, then re install the fuse. those lines are pressurized so if you dont bleed them they will sometimes spray some fuel and usually tear the oring inside when you reinstall. both techniques will work though.
cheers!

Ok, since I am one of those that read this, made a mental note and still made the dump mistake I thought I would share a bit more info.

Part number for a Dyna, at least - 62349-04F (Apparently this part has went through quite a few revisions.), price is as noted about $47

The below pics show the part on a bike. The new one that is, which note is not metal where it typically broke before, and actually much nicer as it does not have that cheap plastic tube over it.

My finger is pointing to the tube itself, note the chrome piece to the right, this is the easiest to disconnect, but if you do be careful to keep this part clean

My finger in this one is a referent to the first pic. The old part has a blue tab on it that when pushed disconnects it real easy, the newer one has a couple hooked pieces that you need to squeeze to disconnect, a little harder then the button, but I'll take it for the few times I should need to rmove this.

Hope this helps someone else stop from making my $47 mistake.

I'm sure I will get slammed, but I have looked all over for the answer to no avail, so here goes, How do you remove the connectors at the other end of the lines going into the throttle body?

I'm sure I will get slammed, but I have looked all over for the answer to no avail, so here goes, How do you remove the connectors at the other end of the lines going into the throttle body?

There is a tab to depress

It's an 01 Ultra Classic. The top of the fitting has a spring clip. I removed it and have tried to get the fitting to release. I was told it is a "banjo fitting" but can't figure it out.

Back