free website stats program ECM Calibration And TFI | Harley Davidson Forums

ECM Calibration And TFI

glider.

BOT Machine
This refers to the dealer downloads on the ECM...

The only reason for having the ECM flashed is to up the rev limit to 6200 which serves no purpose with a stock motor.

The TFI will work either on a stock ECM map or an upgraded one (stage 1) but the TFI settings will be lower with the upgraded map.

From Dobeck Performance...

Our TFI controller will work with ECM re-flashes, but it does change our recommended pot settings. Our controllers are just 'piggy-back' controllers meaning we only adjust the signal to the injectors after the stock ECM has made its calculations. An ECM re-flash will change the fuel map which means we have to in turn change our settings to match.

So basically, there is no need for any Fuel Pack or TFI or anything if you intend to leave the bike stock.

A NEW factory bike is very lean from 15-75% of throttle (the core of closed loop).

Pre o2 sensor bikes were better because they ran "look up tables" only (Open loop). But even these bikes will benefit from a piggy.

So just putting on a Fuel Management system will help a stock bike. I don't see how. All the settings on the Fuel management device would be set for stock settings. Which is what the bikes is set to.

Reason I ask it this. I have a Cobra FI2000 on my bike. Pretty much the same at the TFI less on pot. It is set to stock settings. So in my mind I am thinking. Why have it, if the bike is stock anyway. I can see if I was going to put a Stage 1 on or true duals or both, but for stock.

So if the bike is stock and the Cobra FI2000 is set to stock. I mean what could this device do for me other running at stock settings. I was thinking of taking it off. Can this device make my engine run cooler? Not sure how to set it up for running cooler. I didn't put the device on. It was on the machine already.

I think you are confused here.
The "stock " settings are for a stock bike (no slip ons or intake stage 1) The settings however are richer than the stock map in the ECM is running and as such add more than the stock fuel to your bike.

The added fuel should make the bike run a bit cooler as well as better than no fueler at all.

Hey Mr. Data, Man I in a confused state all the time. Not sure if I ever come out of one.:bigsmiley20:

Ok so if I leave the device on nothing lost alot gained. I will have to tinker with this Cobra FI2000 to see what it can do with everything like it is. I would like the bike to run cooler here in South Florida. I use full syn oil. Royal Purple and such. Man it has been hot down here.

I did have the dealer install the HD Oil Temp Gauge. Got rid of the air temp gauge. Now I can see how hot the oil gets. I guess that would not be a good way to measure engine temp though. It is just for Oil Temp.

Thanks Mr. Data.

Back