free website stats program Easy Tech Assist | Harley Davidson Forums

Easy Tech Assist

Road Kingkong

Just bought my 2nd Hog; 2010 Road King which my wife and I absolutely love. A couple things I've noticed and I need some comments on:

1. Front forks compress VERY easily when front brake applied. Quite a bit more than any other scoot I've owned including my FatBoy. Is there an adjustment to stiffen them? I like using a lot of front brake.

2. Rear air shock seems to loose air over a couple days; is this normal? I tend to ride in the 40-45 psi range with my wife onboard and have to add air every couple days.

3. It currently has Vance & Hines Monster Ovals [slip-ons] and I want to install the SE Heavy Breather. Do I need to purchase a Dynajet [or other EFI programmer] to custom MAP for the breather / muffler combo? My local dealership offers "custom mapping" but for the price of the MAP I can buy and install my own and have lifetime service at no additional charge.

I've been riding for close to 40 years of one variation or another and I'm ussed to turning a wrench so don't be shy or limited on your replies.

Thanks in advance!!

1. Heavier fork oil will do wonders. Check this out. Harley Davidson Community

2. No it's not normal, mix up some soapy water and find the leak.

3. More air in, more air out, needs more fuel. The bike will run better and cooler. Many here use the Doebeck TFI. Members get a discount as do service members. Nice product, simple to install and adjust and no dealer to pay.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good folks here and tons of info.

Bodeen

Thank you Bodeen, I appreciate the immediate reply. I've looked at the Dobeck as well. Will probably give it a whirl once I get the breather.

Thanks again! Great forum!

Keep the shiney side up

No problem. Let us know how it works out for you.

Bodeen

Check out this post for the leaking air shocks.

Harley Davidson Community

I used 10 weight in my RK and it made a huge difference over the stock 5 wt and forks didn't bottom out any more. If that doesn't do it for you, then you can add 1/2 ounce more oil to each side over factory specs but this will make the front end ride stiff.

Dobeck is the way to go with the TFI.

There's a lot of posts in the self help forum about the unit.

Diagnostics and Fuel Injection Related - Harley Davidson Community

Back