free website stats program Easiest repair ever | Harley Davidson Forums

Easiest repair ever

jamesearl

Going down the Hwy.hit a dip in the road,lifted me up off of the seat,engine dies,I limp to the shoulder.Traffic coming up fast behind me,scary,it was a 65mph Hwy.About to call a tow truck,when I notice switch is in off position,but I didn't shut it off,or did I? Apparently while getting bumped on the dip my hands left the bars for a second,and I inadvertently swiped the switch.Easiest repair I ever made!

Going down the Hwy.hit a dip in the road,lifted me up off of the seat,engine dies,I limp to the shoulder.Traffic coming up fast behind me,scary,it was a 65mph Hwy.About to call a tow truck,when I notice switch is in off position,but I didn't shut it off,or did I? Apparently while getting bumped on the dip my hands left the bars for a second,and I inadvertently swiped the switch.Easiest repair I ever made!

And cheap too.:D

Good for YOU!!! something like that happened to me when I first got my ZTR lawn mower. All I did was turn off the key and killed it..........then I got back on and it would NOT START!!! Nothing!! brand new mower and nothing!! I was mad......I studied it for a long time trying to start it .... and THEN I noticed... read the manual and everything -- the mower clutch (blade engagement) button was still UP. That mower will not do anything unless that button is pushed down to start. hahaha -- learned my lesson like you --check the small things first!

Ride safe and enjoy!! weather is getting nice quick!!

Bill

Gosh, gotta love that type of repair. Wish all of them were so easy, of course it would have taken me hours to figure out my switch was moved to off!
WAP.gif

i was reaching with my right thumb for the turn signal, and hit the off switch. Once i realized what id done, i squeezed the clutch lever and hit the start switch , let the clutch go and hardly lost any speed..dont wanna do that again..

Thats what I shoulda done,But I had a lot of traffic coming up my rear,I really thought somebody was going to hit me,I had to cross 2 lanes while slowing drastically.Wish I'd of had the presence of mind to check.Now it'll be the 1st thing!

Traffic coming up behind you is scary alright, especially if it's 18 wheelers, glad you made it through and got it fixed:D

Back