free website stats program Earphones | Harley Davidson Forums

Earphones

I ride an Ultra and use the helmet speakers with the headset. I know of a couple of guys that are happy with a set of sony ear buds they use while riding.

I've heard of this company called tooks hats Home and supposedly they are very good. I am going to buy one, I wear a beanie on winter rides anyway. I like the cord that runs out the back instead of the sides.

You could also get something like this Belkin SportCommand for iPod | SkyBox USA (there are other ones, this is just the first one I found) You can mount the control to your bike or put the control near reach. This would help with volume control and going to the next song, etc. etc.

Shure E3C's - can't beat 'em. They are noise blocking in-ear buds that fit directly into the ear canal. I think the most recent series are se-110's and up, depending on how critical your listening is. The E3C's corrispond roughly to the se310's.

This type is known as an in-ear-monitor (IEM), and there are many other makers out there. Etymotic is just one other - browse the web and read the reviews.

They work well enough that you don't have to turn up the volume very loud, and that's critical. You get to hear the music at a safe level, but can still hear the engine rumble. Only thing is, they kind of isolate you a bit, but that can be pleasant too.

BE SURE you don't get regular earbuds that don't isolate. Given the noise level from engine, wind, etc, you'll have to turn them up very loud just to get over the noise level -guaranteed to cause ear damage. Same goes for in-helmet speakers. Same problem on a flight by the way.

I've been real happy with Sennheiser CX300 earphones. They are in-ear isolation earbuds, perform better than the Bose earbuds I had been using, and cost about half the price. They are also small enough that they are very comfortable under a helmet. I found mine online at the Ear Plug Superstore for about $60.

Those are real nice...but I really don't want to spend $300 on head phones. Are there alternatives out there that are good in ear style? I don't mind spending money on quality (heck, I own a Harley right?! :D ) but I could spend that $300 on mods for the bike, you know? :rofl

Those are real nice...but I really don't want to spend $300 on head phones. Are there alternatives out there that are good in ear style? I don't mind spending money on quality (heck, I own a Harley right?! :D ) but I could spend that $300 on mods for the bike, you know? :rofl

Im with brderj on this subject. Very nice quality , but could use money elsewhere

Back