free website stats program Dyna wheels | Harley Davidson Forums

Dyna wheels

2006FXDCI

I was looking at the Harley catalog today for wheels and saw the mirror chrome switch blade custom wheels, they state that they are for 2008 and up dyna's. These wheels look identical to my stock wheels on my 2006 dyna super glide custom other than they are chrome. Does anyone know what the difference is between the 2006 and 2008 dyna's that would make these wheels not work on my 2006? I really like the look of my stock wheels other than they are not chrome and I am hesitant about sending mine out to be chromed as I've heard alot of horror stories. Thanks for any info on this.

I am probably wrong as usual, but I think they changed the axle size from 1.00 inch to 25 mm or some metric size. I would imagine that they would work with the right bearings and spacers.

Is there a bearing I can get that has an I.D. of my axle which is 1 inch and the O.D. of the 25 mm bearing so I can use the 2008 and up wheels?

Is there a bearing I can get that has an I.D. of my axle which is 1 inch and the O.D. of the 25 mm bearing so I can use the 2008 and up wheels?

You have two possible options.

First, you can change the bearings, inner spacers and outer axle spacers to those from an 06-07.

Other option is to change axles on your bike to those from 08 or later. Will also need new outer axles spacers.

Verify this before you spend your money.

If I change my axle to a 2008 model will I have to put fork lowers on from a 2008 bike? The axle size of mine is 1 inch which would be 25.4 mm the new axles are 25 mm so my axles would be .015 inch bigger than the 2008. I don't know if the smaller 2008 axle will work in my sliders. I was hoping there was a bearing that I could use to fit my 1 inch axles but have the O.D. of the the 25 mm bearing so it would fit in the 2008 and up wheels.

Back