free website stats program dyna side cover removal | Harley Davidson Forums

dyna side cover removal

cinergy

1995 dyna 5 speed, procedure to remove tranny side cover, help I want to go riding but the head is missing off the bottom bolt on the step cover so i need to remove the cover and drill it out. Procedure anywhere online for this??

Drill and tap buddy good luck.You might get lucky like i have before there are bits that are designed to grab as you turn left i got mine from snap on guy try sears.Or get really good bit not china stuff dont be afried to spend some bucks on a bit drill out and retap.:51:

They are called EZ-out bits, you drill a small hole into what is left of the fastener and screw the left hand treaded EZ-out bit into the hole which threads itself in and because there is no head maintaining tension on the broken fastener' threads, the EZ left hand tightens in unscrewing the broken fastener out..."in theory and practice..." Good luck.

1995 dyna 5 speed, procedure to remove tranny side cover, help I want to go riding but the head is missing off the bottom bolt on the step cover so i need to remove the cover and drill it out. Procedure anywhere online for this??

Are you talking about the trap door, or the side cover that the clutch cable goes in to?

TQ

Back