free website stats program Dunlop E3 for 2008 Ultra Classic | Harley Davidson Forums

Dunlop E3 for 2008 Ultra Classic

Fatboy 07

I currently have the original OEM Dunlops (D402F MT90B16 - Front, and D402 MU85B16 - Rear). Can anyone tell me if they have installed the Dunlop E3 MT90B-16 on both the front and the back, and how do you like them.

My concern is whether the MT90B16 can replace the rear MU85B16 without any problem. I have ABS brakes on the bike as well.

I think the designation of 85 and the 90 deals with the aspect ratio and I am not sure whether the MT90B16 will fit without any issues. I would purchase a MU85B16 if they made one, but in my search, I can not seem to find that they do.

On the strength of reading on of the threads (which I can not find currently) I have purchased the MT90B16 for the front and rear, and am know having second thoughts.

Any help or opinions at this stage would be greatly appreciated.

Roger

I currently have the original OEM Dunlops (D402F MT90B16 - Front, and D402 MU85B16 - Rear). Can anyone tell me if they have installed the Dunlop E3 MT90B-16 on both the front and the back, and how do you like them.

My concern is whether the MT90B16 can replace the rear MU85B16 without any problem. I have ABS brakes on the bike as well.

I think the designation of 85 and the 90 deals with the aspect ratio and I am not sure whether the MT90B16 will fit without any issues. I would purchase a MU85B16 if they made one, but in my search, I can not seem to find that they do.

On the strength of reading on of the threads (which I can not find currently) I have purchased the MT90B16 for the front and rear, and am know having second thoughts.

Any help or opinions at this stage would be greatly appreciated.

Roger
I have the MU90B16 on the rear of my 2007 UGC.
2nd tire.

Still running the MT on the front.

If I remember correctly, the tires are marked either for front or for rear.
I go with their recommendations.

Jayson, did you have the MT90B16 on the rear? My concern is that the original OEM was an MU85B16 and I am planning to replace it with the MT90B16. Wondering about the fit and if will affect my ABS braking system with this change. I currently have both tires here and they are designated "front" and "back" so that is not an issue.

Thanks gus and Jayson for your responses!!

Thanks Jayson! My local indy that I trust offered to order me a MU for the rear and trade me for the MT (for the rear) that I have. Said he would have no problem selling it. Although I did do quite a bit of research prior to going to the E3's, I quess I should have went one step further and checked with the forum members prior to ordering.

However, I did find out that the MT for the rear would have fit and been just about 1/2" narrower - i.e. 1/4" each side of rim, which probably would not have even been noticeable. But, getting a MU for the rear will definitely be better since the only difference will be the MU90 vs the MU85 (OEM).

Thanks for the come back!! Ride safe.

I have a 08 Ultra also. When it was time to change out the second back tire (402's), I switched to the elite 3 tires. In my opinion, the elite 3's ride much better, and from the tons of research I did, are just as good in wet weather. The 402's follow lines and have a problem with the case cracking (happened on my first rear tire), never mind having to ride on a gravel road. I would suggest a bagger brace or something similar to make your bike handle better, doing this and switching to the elite 3 tires made a big difference in the handling of my bike.

Had the E3's installed three weeks ago and went on a 1,612 mile trip and I love them. I am also glad I exchanged the MT90 that I originally purchased for the rear for the MU85 that my Indy offered to provide/exchange at no charge. At this point, I will definiately be using the E3's in the future when replacement approaches.

Back