free website stats program Dual Headlamp Kit Bulb Sizes | Harley Davidson Forums

Dual Headlamp Kit Bulb Sizes

I've read several posts regarding this kit with mixed results. Most indicate that the bulb sizes are H8 (high) and H11 (low) beams. The reflector says H11 and H9. So... what is the high beam, H8 or H9?

I'd like to make the high beam more powerful. Any suggestions?

Do yourself a favor. I learned the hard way also after wasting $180 on this headlamp.
Get rid of the dual bulb setup and go back to your stock headlamp. replace the bulb in it with the SilverStar H4ST bulb, replace the passing lamp bulbs with the Silverstar 880ST bulbs. You'll have more light than you will ever need.

I would try UltraNutZ suggestion. These new fangled headlight in my opinion are terrible. My wife has a 2011 Chrysler and I do not like driving it at night for the headlights only light in a straight plan. Not like a flood light in my 2003 Dodge.

Thanks for the responses. I have a 2010 Ultra and the passing lamp bulbs are 881's (L-shaped base). The stock headlamp was sold on E-Bay so I'm stuck with this $180 lemon. If you look in the catalogue the light output advertised supposedly beats the $500 LED system. So, now I am stuck looking for a high-quality after market 881 bulb that has a higher output of light that won't fry my wiring. I know I can't be the only one in this boat. These stock bulbs are 27 watt and I have tried replacing them with 37 watt but with very little difference. Harley doesn't even make an upgrade for them unless you opt for the LED system.:small3d023:

the problem with the dual beam setup is the funky housings for the bulbs. NOTHING matches believe me. I've taken those bulbs to autozone and oreilly and there ain't a single bulb they have that matches that housing other than the stock and the slight upgrade that ain't worth a (EDIT)
. Been there, done that..

When I bought the dual beam setup, I did the same thing. I was so proud, I'm like what the (EDIT)
, I don't need this stock lamp for anything. In the trash it went. So I wound up getting one on another forum for $20 and moved on. Sold the dual beam to someone else...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
There are bulbs for the dual lamp. If you look through the glass on the inside of the refector it says H9 H11 or something like that. Those are the bulb sizes. I replaced the upper with a 100 watt and saw some difference. I'm considering a Hella 50 watt bulb (886) for the passing lamps.

Aftermarket HID... I have that headlight looks to good to give up so I looked to the aftermarket and bought a HID for the low beam only... Workd great :D

Back