free website stats program download's ?????? | Harley Davidson Forums

download's ??????

im going this saturday to get a download put into my 06 fatboy flstfi and was was wondering if any one has any experince with the downloads and can let me know the goods and bads and what I'll really gain with doing it and which program to have them download I have a screaming eagle stage 1 airfilter with the staggered v&h race exhaust

im going this saturday to get a download put into my 06 fatboy flstfi and was was wondering if any one has any experince with the downloads and can let me know the goods and bads and what I'll really gain with doing it and which program to have them download I have a screaming eagle stage 1 airfilter with the staggered v&h race exhaust

Unfortunately, when I did my Stage 1 (SE A/C and slip-ons), I did the download. Cost me around $200. I had not found HDTimeline then, and did not know anything about the TFI. If I had it to do again, I would opt for the TFI instead of doing the download. This give YOU infinite control on adding fuel to the engine so you can make your engine run the way you want.

But it is your bike, you decided.

TQ

FAT_BOY_06 welcome to the forum. As for the download you might be better off going with a fueler of some sort. That way if/when you make any other changes you can adjust the fueler yourself without the need to pay the dealer fopr another download each time.

I personally use the Power Commander PCV but lots of members here are quite happy with the Dobeck TFI units.

Just do a search for "TFI" in the search bar in the top right corner and you will get all the reading you could possibly want on the subject.

Man I really need to sharpen up my typing skills! You guys are quick.

yea I thought about doing that and going with the one from screaming eagle but when I talked to the tec guy at my local harley shop he said unless I was gonna do major motor work then chip wouldnt really do me any good and to just go with the download

I agree with Glider, just about any tuner setup would be better than the dealer map especially what they charge to do it. The dealer map is only one map, whereas a tuner will give you more options.

I have the dealer stage 1 SE map on my bike. I bought it used but know the previous owners (also found HD tickets in saddlebags). I have pipes and the SE Air. The bike runs good but is still very hot. I am saving my money for a programmable tuner (hopefully before it gets too hot this summer). I've spent all my mad money on other things (like a windshield, etc) lately.

Just read up a bit on tuners and think before you do the dealer map thing. I ain't saying it's not an option, just saying you might want to thing about it and do some research.

yea I thought about doing that and going with the one from screaming eagle but when I talked to the tec guy at my local harley shop he said unless I was gonna do major motor work then chip wouldnt really do me any good and to just go with the download

Believe me on this one, the download is still lean and the TFI will give you more for the buck. You have the intake and exhaust already and he makes the $$$ to do the download when for about the same money you can have adjustability instead with the TFI.

ok well there is so meny out there which is the best band for my buck cause ive also spent a ton of money in the last month on extras

I also had the download and my bike ran lean...So I had to turn around and get a tuner...WELL, I didnt know...:D

Back