free website stats program down and out | Harley Davidson Forums

down and out

mqhybrid

Well both my bikes are down one with broken throttle cable and the other has no wheels. man am i board.

No, don't do what Hobbit would do because then your going to have Bore it & Stroke it & increase the compression & Super tune it and....and ... :p:p

you could also take the good throttle cable off of one and put it on the other , or take the tires and do a swap

OK so no one has ask, where did the wheels go? Or did you mean that the tires are worn out? I don't think I would start canabilizing one bike for the other, the throttle cable would get you back on the road quick and can't cost more than 25-30 bucks.

The throttle cable that is broken is off my fatboy 2006. And my other bike is a 2009 street glide and its in the middle of wheel swap going to 18 inc harley agitator wheels so still getting peices toghther and selling my old wheels and tires

Having been biking for many years and i do have older bikes and i am nowhere near any sort of dealer i always keep a spare set of control cables in stock
Sun shining bit of a cold wind but it was great to be out on the road as thw weather was ok, id have hated to have missed today cos a bike was down

Brian

Back