free website stats program Dog Eye Turn Signals Hard Wiring. | Harley Davidson Forums

Dog Eye Turn Signals Hard Wiring.

boardy

Hi,

I have bought the dog eye turn signals from Radiantz for my 2009 Road King Classic. The 1156 base of the dog eye plugs straight into the bulb holder so that is the turnsignal function taken care of.

To have the run/brake function there are 2 wires that have to be wired into the taillight so the run/brake function can operate. The wire in the taillight housing doesn't have much play to tap into the orange and red wires.

Can you remove the appropriate pins from the OEM plug (that plugs into the taillight) and put a new pin onto the OEM wires incorporating the wires from the LED?

Hope the above makes sense.

Cheers for any advice that you can give me.

Regards,

Chris.

England.

Pictures would help w/your situation, but if these are LED's then the installation might also require a modulator which could explain the short wiring. Don't believe you can direct-wire LED into standard 12V harness...

Thanks for the reply. I have put a load equalizer in so the LED's work correctly.

I hate tapping into wires so I want to wire them into the tailight/brake circuit wires using the OEM plug, effectively putting the orange wires of the LED with the orange wire of the tailight and the red wire of the LED with the red wire of the tailight and then putting the pins back into the appropriate part of the OEM plug.

I will try and get pics to show the plug in question and maybe this will make things clearer.

Regards,

Chris.

OK, I have found my answer.

Top left of the light back plate is a spare connector (apparently used to plug a tri bar light in). I had a spare 3 pin connector and pins from my lighted mirrors (goes to show save everything);

#3 socket. Left pin is ground, not required LED's already grounded.
#2 socket. Middle pin is brake circuit, red wire from dogeye indicator.
#3 socket. Right pin is running circuit, orange wire from dogeye indicator.

Hopefully this will help people who are considering the Radiantz dogeye turn signals and do not want to splice wires.

Regards,

Chris.

England.

Back