free website stats program does this look right? | Harley Davidson Forums

does this look right?

ChiroRick

I wasn't expecting to install the screaming eagle intake (the kind that fits behind the stock cover) and not use the stock back (plastic) half of the air intake cover. I thought the kit installed inside the entire stock air cleaner assembly. Seems strange to me...like it's not done right.

Does this look right?

photo-16.jpg

photo-15.jpg

That is exactly the way it is supposed to look. Mine is the same setup.

I really wasn't expecting it to turn out that way. I took off all but the back part of the air cleaner, and then realized the backing plate that came with the screaming eagle kit didn't fit, at which point I realized I had to remove the back of the air cleaner cover.

I really wanted a completely stock look, or I could have just went with an aftermarket air cleaner kit, like the V&H Duke. I'll live, though.

How do you keep the rubber trim on the stock air cleaner cover? I'm sure it doesn't need to be there, but I want to leave it there.

You could put a light coat of RTV on the edge of the cover and this should hold the strip on or you could do what i did which was to remove the strip. I have since purchased a cover that is color matched to the bike and did not use the strip on it either.

Id take it off but Im thinking a little silicone in the grove may work....Id put a bit every 3 in or so...If It falls off please dont get mad...Mat:)..........OH wait....Do what Don HD said..:s

maybe I can get a sleeker looking aftermarket cover for the screaming eagle kit. I just don't like the way this looks.

Another option is to chop your stock HD football cover & add K&N filter. Here's one from another forum so you can see the look. Lots of riders prefer this old-school/bare a/c...
HD.jpg

K&N filter elements that go in the stock filter housing are available. The only advantage to that is the K&N element itself. The stock black housing is restrictive to air flow, and noise (EPA reg.). Your screamin' eagle backing plate has better flow. You should notice the sound difference when you open the throttle all the way. Big sucking sound, a lot like your wallet makes when you pull it out at the HD parts counter. :p

K&N filter elements that go in the stock filter housing are available. The only advantage to that is the K&N element itself. The stock black housing is restrictive to air flow, and noise (EPA reg.). Your screamin' eagle backing plate has better flow. You should notice the sound difference when you open the throttle all the way. Big sucking sound, a lot like your wallet makes when you pull it out at the HD parts counter. :p

Ok, then!!! :)

Back