free website stats program Does it or Doesn't it | Harley Davidson Forums

Does it or Doesn't it

DDogg

I've got a Dyna FatBob 08. I don't think it has a Catalytic Convertor. My manual says it does. Also in talking to a few other Dyna owners (not FatBob) they have the Convertor. Does the 2008 FatBob have a Catalytic Convertor or not. I can't believe Harley would put it in the manual if it was not true. Or I'm I expecting to much honesty here. Help me out, I want to replace my stock pipes and go Stage 1, and do my own work, but heck, is my manual incorrect??

I've got a Dyna FatBob 08. I don't think it has a Catalytic Convertor. My manual says it does. Also in talking to a few other Dyna owners (not FatBob) they have the Convertor. Does the 2008 FatBob have a Catalytic Convertor or not. I can't believe Harley would put it in the manual if it was not true. Or I'm I expecting to much honesty here. Help me out, I want to replace my stock pipes and go Stage 1, and do my own work, but heck, is my manual incorrect??

Post the part number off the bottom of the mufflers (both) and we'll see if we can figure this out.

You CAN replace the cat with a non cat aftermarket muffler too. Just save the cats.

O.K. Glider only you would know that there are two different numbers.
Top top muffler is #64705-08. The bottom is #64987-08. Also has a number HDI SP73. Now I live in Michigan. I appreciate your help on this.

What I have found is that they show cat mufflers but the numbers you posted for both mufflers do not show as cat mufflers.

Thank you. Then this proves my manual is incorrect. Or Harley did get a waiver and leave them off the FatBob. Like I said, and you'd know better that all Dyna's have cat's. I sure would like to know the story behind it.
Thanks for your time Glider. If you find out anything else, let me know.

Hobbit brings up a valid point but most cats I have seen (mostly on the cvo bikes) were in the muffler themselves and the part number you posted makes no mention of the cats in the muffler.

Let me know what you find out Hobbit. I'm getting all sorts of different answers. Appreciated.

Back