free website stats program Doebeck Rev-tech DFO ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Doebeck Rev-tech DFO ?

I have a Rev-Tech DFO installed with no instructions. I used the instructions from Dobecks web sight that where intended for the Gen 3 I think.This unit was made by Dobeck so every thing seems to be working out find. Is it unreasonable to think that the Rev-Tech DFO would help stop some of the popping on decel? The bike runs cooler. The oil tempt is cooler. The over all feel of the engine's performance seems to have improved. I have searched these forums to I'm cross eyed and tried a lot of different things but to no avail. I think that maybe changing out the mufflers & header pipes to a one piece unit might be the next step.Does the decel popping hurt anything ?

I have a Rev-Tech DFO installed with no instructions. I used the instructions from Dobecks web sight that where intended for the Gen 3 I think.This unit was made by Dobeck so every thing seems to be working out find. Is it unreasonable to think that the Rev-Tech DFO would help stop some of the popping on decel? The bike runs cooler. The oil tempt is cooler. The over all feel of the engine's performance seems to have improved. I have searched these forums to I'm cross eyed and tried a lot of different things but to no avail. I think that maybe changing out the mufflers & header pipes to a one piece unit might be the next step.Does the decel popping hurt anything ?

Is your exhaust the stock OEM, or an up-grade, freer flowing system?

How long have you had the decel popping, and what was done to the bike before it began?

What about the A/C? Is that a freer breathing system?

Often, decel popping can be a symptom of an exhaust leak. Try this:

Harley Davidson Community

TQ

I have Rush slip-ons and a AN Big Sucker breather.It is a 2012 new ST Deluxe that is stock other than the stage one upgrade. I have changed out the muffler clamps to new ones & checked for air leaks around the breather. The slip-ons have a 2.25 baffle. I have noticed that the popping starts after the bike warms up say five to ten miles. Only pops on roll off. When I roll the throttle back to change gear it pops and when I let off to decelerate.When it was stock it did not pop. May be it is just the nature of the Rush slip-ons. I'm baffled (no pun intended:D) I did manage to get the engine to run cooler with the addition of the Rev-Tech DFO. I first tried a x-ied but it did not work for me. I was going to the pcIII but they do not make one for my year as of yet,so says the guys @ Fuel Motto. I hate to keep throwing money at the problem with poor results.I know it sounds like maybe I'm over reacting but the bike pops a lot not just a little.

Not knowing the unit that you have?
Dobecks will be probably be back to answer your questions on Monday,,, but for now, I'd like to think you need to Increase the fuel amount the unit puts out.

Try different settings to see IF it will help..
Increase the first mode adjustment for more fuel..

I thought that HD shuts-off the fuel on Full Throttle OFF position.. ? to rid Popping

I have V&H Medium loud exhaust slip-ons and SE air on my 09 flhr and My TFI does great... So IF your fueler is made by Dobecks IT Should adjust properly to elevate Popping.

IF it is FUEL related, TRY the richer adjustment, it WILL Help.

answer coming soon from Dobecks.

signed....BUBBIE

Is it a pop like a back fire or a burble? OE mufflers are quiet and usually the burbling is very quiet. When I had Rush on my EG with 1.75" baffles there was always some noise on decel and I had no other mods. Was never a problem.

ea it is a consistent popping like in rhythm with the engine as it decelerates.

Again, I would check for an exhaust leaks as in the link above.

The Torca clamps need to clamp up to the end of the slip on and cover the split to both clamp and seal the connection.

TQ

All right I got the slip-ons off & cleaned up the header pipe ends with sandpaper & acetone. I went to auto zone & got some high heat silicone 700 degree high tempt gasket seal. Guess I will just smear it on like butter cause the fit is tight. Hope this works:D

Well I got her back together but the silcone needs to set up over night ,so I could not test drive the bike. Besides its kinda cold out there. will report back soon.
DSCN1772-vi.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it sounds like your on the right track. dont hesitate to call in to dobeck with any and all questions if you have the time. if not, just post your results and we will help out here also.

Well I took a twenty plus mile ride today and after using the silicone on the mufflers & drilled out clamps, she still pops. I think that I can safely rule out muffler leaks.Hopefully a call to dobeck will help. My settings are 2:30 ,3:30, 3:30 & 4:00. I set the first pot after a warm engine & the throttle set at 2000 rpms. I adjusted it to the smoothest position possible and the others set at Dobecks instruction from there web site. The popping seemed less in the higher gear on down shift from sixth to fifth & more as the lower gears where brought into play. The engine has to warm up before it starts to pops (about three miles).:small3d023:

Back