free website stats program Doebeck EJK Gen3 & true duals | Harley Davidson Forums

Doebeck EJK Gen3 & true duals

I have an 04 Road King Police , stock motor, I did stage one last year screaming eagle air cleaner with a K&N air filter and the EJK Gen 3 controller along with a set of 1&3/4" baffled Rush slip ons. I have recently picked up a set of true dual head pipes and Vance & Hines Slash Ovals that I am wanting to install. My question is do I need to do anything before putting the pipes on ? with the doebeck or the stock ecm ? Or just install and the Gen3 will do the rest. I have not made any adjustments to the controller. It's to early yet for me to ride here in Michigan but wanting to install the headers now before it is time . Thanks Tim

I have an 04 Road King Police , stock motor, I did stage one last year screaming eagle air cleaner with a K&N air filter and the EJK Gen 3 controller along with a set of 1&3/4" baffled Rush slip ons. I have recently picked up a set of true dual head pipes and Vance & Hines Slash Ovals that I am wanting to install. My question is do I need to do anything before putting the pipes on ? with the doebeck or the stock ecm ? Or just install and the Gen3 will do the rest. I have not made any adjustments to the controller. It's to early yet for me to ride here in Michigan but wanting to install the headers now before it is time . Thanks Tim

EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft you should be able to find the info you need here:s

I'm saying No you should be about the same... IF when you set-up the gen3 did you change any setting it came with LIKE Less-More Fuel?

IF your gen3 is still set the same as it was when it was running good, I'll bet your settings NOW will work just fine.. TRY it first where it is and Then you can change later IF you need to.. My Guess is it will function fine and not needs any adjustment..

I would NOT waste $$ on any HD downloads as they aren't going to make a difference while using this Gen3 other than Moving to allow More RPM.. I stay in the safe range on the RPM on my bikes. 6250 RPM is way too STRONG and is not needed by me. been thar done that

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks Jack for the link.
Thanks Bubbie , no I didn't do any adjustments to the controller after the installation. Turned the ignition on the EJK went through the light sequence I started her up and on the very first ride was amazed at how much cooler the motor was, the decel pops were gone and have ran the EJK stock ever since. Tim

Back