free website stats program Doc Bailey's Leather Back (photos) | Harley Davidson Forums

Doc Bailey's Leather Back (photos)

XjetCaptain

A quick report on using Doc Bailey's Leather Back.

I was given this sample size of this product at the motorcycle show the other day. Usually I don't hold much hope for these types of products, but decided to give it a shot anyway.

Well, here is the result on two very old pair of gloves that I like and wear often. Seems to do the job quite nicely!!

The acid test will be to see if it lasts!!

leatherback.jpg

leatherback2.jpg

Fiebing's Neatsfoot Oil will do the same thing, maybe better. I use it on everything. Jacket, vest, gloves, chaps and even my boots. My black vest was almost brown from the sun. Looks like new now, soft and pliable, plus adds to the water resistance. Don't use it on brown leather, it tends to make it quite a bit darker. You can get it at TSC (Tractor Supply), places that sell saddles and horse stuff and custom leather places. Here's the best part. It's $5.00 a pint or $9.00 a quart at TSC. Took only a pint to do my stuff.

I used to use neatsfoot oil whaen I was a kid and had horses. Used it on the bridles, saddles, everything that was leather. Worked like a champ. No reason to believe it won't work on motorcycle leathers. I have not seen it in a long time, and picked up a bottle of Doc Bailey's at Sturgis after the demo guy did my boots. Amazed me!

I use it on my boots about once every other month through the season. Does not make them waterproof but it does slow things down a lot. Keeps the leather soft and black also.

Doc's is ok. Does an awesome job of re-blackening leather, I just don't think it lasts all that long. And, I'm not sold on it as a water repellent either.

I prefer neatsfoot oil to condition leather along with a good shoe/boot cream to blacken. I'm also a BIG fan of Sno-Seal for water proofing.

bought abottle the first time we went to sturgis in 99. run into president of the company in 07 at a leather shop outside of deadwood handing out free samples. told him i use it on everything and it is good stuff.

I too use the Feiblings oil, I have 5 of the four legged horses as well so it works great on all of my leather products and is very well priced.

I just saw this post, and had to add that Baileys does not seem to last long on bags. It fades pretty fast. I like the smell though. Reminds me of my old toy train that had some kind of fake smoke that came out of the stack. Same smell. Probably causes cancer in CA, but I live in GA, so I should be OK.

Back