Disappointed in Harley!

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by RK73, Feb 24, 2014.

1. RK73

RK73 Member

Bought a super glide in late Nov. Its garage kept in a climate controlled area. Today I see the mounting bolts for the mirrors are pitted to all (Edit)

I'm so annoyed. This bike hasn't even seen a rainy day yet. I should bring it to the dealer and have them change them out on principal alone. For the money paid...what (Edit)
    !

I feel better now..sort of!

Please Click the below link and read this...
    [note]
    HDTalking Language Policy - Harley Davidson Community
    [/note]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2014
  2. gusotto

gusotto Junior Member

Is that the 2005 FLHRCI model you have listed in your post.
    That 9-year old model?????

New mounting bolts are cheap.

3. BUBBIE

BUBBIE Well-Known Member

RK73,

Go at the dealer in a EASY manor and ASK Why it would do that? Explain the temp control storage..

Might be surprised at their answer THEN Again,,, you Might Not....:p

signed....BUBBIE

4. gator508

gator508 Senior Member

Nine years old? Perhaps the previous owner should have paid more attention to it. Bubbie has a very good suggestion here.

5. plow boy

plow boy Member

I must be missing something, I thought he was referring to his super glide [new] not the FLHRCI , I thought that was a road king.

6. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

The bike listed under his name is a Road King. Problem is with a Super Glide.

7. Harttoo

Harttoo Senior Member

New Super Glide has two year warranty.I would ask the Dealer to replace the mounting bolts.They are not "wear items" so warranty should cover.Dealer probably won't give you any hassle.

8. RK73

RK73 Member

This is a 2014

9. hillbilly81

hillbilly81 Active Member

they should definitely take care of that for ya ....get it taken care of quick

10. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

Bubbie's approach will get the needed response. No sense crying if you have not been hit yet. I for one think you will find that Harley's quality is as good as most and better than others. I don't know where you live but here in Fl. even keeping the bike in a heated and cooled garage rust/pitting can occur. When you get the new bolts try putting a good wax on them and any of the other shiny surfaces. JMHO, Don