Digital Fuel range indicator ** gone **

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by AllanOz, Apr 17, 2008.

1. AllanOz

AllanOz Member

Hi,

First time on thread so be gentle! I recently installed a thundermax ecm & autotune on my 08 fatboy. However, somewhere in the process I lost my fuel range indicator on the instrument cluster. The low fuel light and 6th gear indicator works fine. Thundermax (zippers) have not had any trouble like this before which leads me to think that I have done something. I did press the blinkers and the instrument button etc when attempting to disarm the alarm (to no avail, I ended up removing the main fuse.)

Is there a way of resetting the instruments? or some solution. I used the range indicator quite a lot as I live in outback Australia.

Thanks in advance
    Allan

2. glider

glider Veteran Member

When you say fuel range indicator, are you referring to the odometer trip meter?

3. AllanOz

AllanOz Member

You press the black button on the left side of the speedo console a few times to change options (ie trip a klms, trip B klms etc) and after a few press you normally get a digital 'r' with the distance till empty klms.

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

5. AllanOz

AllanOz Member

Thanks Glider, much appreciated.

Will sign off now and go check it out.

Allan

6. AllanOz

AllanOz Member

Gilder, back again,

Ran the diag, no messages. Could I have knocked a wire off or something when installing the thundermax and oxy senors?

Thanks,

Allan

7. glider

glider Veteran Member

Quite possible there is a pin in one of the plugs that isn't seated properly and not making contact, or the plug isn't fully seated.

Recheck all the plugs to make certain that one pin isn't bent and not connected.

8. AllanOz

AllanOz Member

Will do Glider, thanks.

9. biscuit

biscuit Junior Member

If that's the 'Distance to empty' or 'Low fuel light' you're talking about,then you've done nothing wrong.Zippers /Thundermax had a firmware issue with these 2 functions and are working on a free upgrade now.Apparently you'll get
    it as a download through their Smartlink Tuning Software.
    I actually thought that was mentioned in their instructions.
    If you're worried send an e mail to pete.s@zippersperformance.com

That's Pete Stewart at Zippers.He'll fill you in.
    Regards.:AUSTRALIA

10. glider

glider Veteran Member

Thanks for that update biscuit. I've posted this in the self help forum as well.