free website stats program Different Market Specifications | Harley Davidson Forums

Different Market Specifications

milo2

Hi again. Been back to the dealers to check out the wide glide still cant find anything to dislike. On asking the salesman weather it was Aus delivered or a (grey import) it transpires it came from Japan. I asked if there was much difference he reckoned just the rear sprocket apparently this is to do with emission testing! My Q does anyone know if there are any major differences, my mates '03 came from the states and his has a cannister in front of the oil filter, emmisions i presume.
Thanks again to my researchees!:bigsmiley11:

Hi again. Been back to the dealers to check out the wide glide still cant find anything to dislike. On asking the salesman weather it was Aus delivered or a (grey import) it transpires it came from Japan. I asked if there was much difference he reckoned just the rear sprocket apparently this is to do with emission testing! My Q does anyone know if there are any major differences, my mates '03 came from the states and his has a cannister in front of the oil filter, emmisions i presume.
Thanks again to my researchees!:bigsmiley11:

It is emmisions control cannister, bike possibly from California.

Most dissapointed with the trade in value the dealer offered especially considering what they will sell the old bike for. I am seriously considering going new (Harley) as dealers are asking silly prices for 2nd hand ones. I appreciate that others do but i dont like the new wide glide i like more chrome. I like the look of the superglide custom but worry about the mid mounts i am 6' 3". Will i be cramped? Are foreward controls an expensive option? Any comments please.

I had the dealer install forward controls on my FXDC as part of the deal to sell me the bike. Ask?

Back